.

 Carbon Monoxide - CO gas

 

 

Carbon Monoxide is produced by the incomplete combustion of fuel - gas, oil, coal and wood used in boilers, engines, oil burners, gas fires, water heaters.

CO gas can accumulate in a home from a heating system with poor maintenance,  failure or damage to the appliance. When the fuel is not burned properly, or when rooms are poorly ventilated the Carbon Monoxide will build up.

Having no smell, taste or color it is basically undetectable without instruments. In today's world of tight home construction it has become increasingly important to have good ventilation. Home owners should maintain all appliances regularly and have a reliable detector.

We recommend purchasing a plug in style detector with a digital reading. If you use other types of heating without electricity then you should have a unit with battery backup. The digital style unit will always display a reading. It is a real nice feature to have a reference to what's going on. The simple beeping type just don't tell you anything. Is it a low battery? A failure? what do you do?
You can call your local gas company, your fire dept, or your local heating company like us. We will test your home for free as long as you are a customer of ours.

For new customers, there will be a fee of 1/2 our normal service rate to come out and test, currently $49.50.

Back to home page